22. rookie- When Grayson was a rookie, he was late for his first game.
23. immortality- Grayson’s name would never achieve immortality in the game of baseball.
24. grappled- Grayson grappled with the Butterscotch Krimpet wrapper.
25. repertoire- Grayson had only one pitch left in his repertoire; the stopball.
26. blarney- Before Grayson would pitch his stopball, he would feed the batter a bunch of blarney.
27. groused- Grayson would grouse about the fact that Manaic didn’t go to school.
28. preposterous- Maniac thought it would be preposterous for him to stay with Grayson at the YMCA.
29. thronged- On Thanksgiving Day, everyone thronged to the football field.
30. creche- Grayson and Maniac made a creche from a paper matchbox.
31. languished- Grayson and Maniac’s Christmas tree decorating talents had languished because they hadn’t decorated for so many years.
32. bittersweet- As they walked through the woods, the smell of the pinecones was bittersweet.
33. sumac- Grayson and Maniac used sumac berries to decorate their tree.
34. filigree- On Christmas morning, all of the trees looked filigree.
35. reluctant- On the morning of Grayson’s death, Maniac was reluctant to tell anyone.
36. meandering- Maniac began meandering after Grayson’s funeral.